Ideas and suggestions for Trac's Search
This page collects ideas and suggestions for enhancing the search capabilities and user interface.
If you have a small nice idea but don't feel like starting a discussion on the MailingList or creating a new ticket, this is the place!
Ideas from tickets
- Tickets for the search system:
- Search for a revision/ticket/report number should find that changeset/ticket/report
- Ticket searches don't interpret [[BR]]
- Search all projects at once
- search isn't case and accent insensitive
- Link to ticket query page from search page
- Inconsistent search for single-digit tickets
- Full text search in attachments
- Search Results Per Page Variable
- Add search options for "match case" and "match whole word"
- Retrieve search results in RSS format
- 'SearchResults doesn't indicate closed by etc..
- Search help output provided by macros
- Query timeouts with PG result in traceback
- Search In Report / Search In Query functionality
- search results won't show matches from ticket comments
- Search within changeset contents(diffs)
- [Patch] Ticket search by query with auto completion
- search ticket does not work when query for both subject keyword and comment keyword
- Search needs option for required words, logical operations, ignore words, etc
- Faceted browsing in Search
- Search in wiki should prioritize title matches and whole word matches above partial word matches
- Search through all text fields
- Obfuscation of email address is not performed on search results
- Limit search realm when using quick search bar
- Backport Bloodhound search API
- Don't quickjump if multiple words in search phrase
- Search keyword on tickets for other components than the search system:
User interface guidelines
- search the change comments in Wiki history, and link to that specific version
- User preference to enable/disable the quick-jump feature (discussed in #4309).