Batch Modification Functionality
|Reported by:||anonymous||Owned by:||Peter Suter|
|Cc:||pkou@…, rjack@…, mat@…, david@…, erikand@…, garyo@…, chad@…, dgynn@…, meeker.brian@…, itamarost@…, osimons, ethan.jucovy@…, leho@…||Branch:|
Added TracBatchModify functionality
Description (last modified by )
The following is a request for enhancement.
I recommend that Trac implement batch modification functionality. This would allow users to modify several fields of several tickets that match a certain criteria in a single process.
Bugzilla 2.17.7 currently implements such functionality in the following way (see http://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-tip/):
- first, the user performs a query
- on the resulting bug list page, there is a link at the bottom of the page: "Change several bugs at once"
- on following that link, the same bug list reappears with a checkbox in front of each bug (this allows the user to hand pick a subset of the bugs to modify). This page also contains all the fields in a bug at the bottom of the page. Each of the fields contains a, "—do_not_change—" value by default.
- the user selects the bugs to batch modify
- the user modifies the fields needed to be changed in the fields at the bottom of the page
- the user clicks "commit"
Why would such functionality be useful? Here are some example scenarios:
- There's a milestone titled "Next Mainstream Loadbuild". Thus, when a designer closes an issue in the main stream / trunk, they don't need to know the number of the next loadbuild, they simply use the "Next Mainstream Loadbuild". Then, upon the next successful loadbuild, the loadbuild guy can do a batch modification, changing all issues that are closed and have a milestone of "Next Mainstream Loadbuild" to the actual build number. VERY USEFUL. The designers don't need to be intimate with every single possible build number / milestone.
- Another scenario: management has decided that all unresolved issues that were targeted to be addressed in load x are now to be targeted for load y. A batch modification would make this job a single task, as opposed to n tasks.
Change History (122)
comment:54 by , 10 years ago
|Milestone:||1.0 → next-major-0.1X|
|Status:||assigned → new|
follow-up: 94 comment:93 by , 7 years ago
|Release Notes:||modified (diff)|
|Status:||new → closed|
follow-up: 101 comment:100 by , 7 years ago
|Status:||closed → reopened|