Universal TracLinks argument
|Reported by:||Christian Boos||Owned by:||Christian Boos|
Description (last modified by )
Currently, each flavor of TracLinks implements its own "sub" syntax.
There is some consistency however, for example, a trailing "#fragment" is used to locate a specific anchor in the targeted objects. This works for section anchors in Wiki pages and more recently for line numbers in repository files.
Also, there's some support for the special "?format=raw" argument which works for attachment: links, and it was suggested that source: links adopt the same convention.
What becomes apparent from the above is that those conventions are pretty much the same as those used for URIs.
Therefore, I propose to add the query URI syntax to the TracLinks syntax, for the short and long form of links (but not for the shorthand forms).
- source:trunk/README?format=txt Access the README file in "text" mode
- wiki:WikiStart?format=txt Access the WikiStart page in "text" mode
- log:trunk?limit=10 See the last ten changesets on trunk
- query:?milestone=1.0&owner=cboos See my 1.0 tickets (works already)
- search:?q=google&wiki=on Search for "google" in Wiki pages (works already)
- report:14?PRIORITY=highest … works in Trac > r2322