|Version 2 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
A Sea Change for Trac
"Full fathom five thy father lies, Of his bones are corals made, Those are pearls that were his eyes, Nothing of him that doth fade, But doth suffer a sea change, into something rich and strange, Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell, Ding-dong. Hark! now I hear them, ding-dong, bell."
Ariel, from William Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
This page and the related SeaChange/WhatUsersWant are for collecting information about problems with the Trac community, in order to fix them. By community we mean Trac administrators/plugin developers, end users and core developers.
High Level Observations
These are observations only, no judgement is implied. We're just trying to collect data.
- Trac core development has stagnated to a certain degree.
- A lot of the current core developers do not or cannot commit a lot of time to the project.
- Frequently requested features do not get implemented. eg. multi-project support.
- Release cycle is way too slow.
- Historically, there's effectively zero chance of a plugin getting into the core.
- Features that users think should be "core" are not (this is very subjective).