|Version 1 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
This page and the related SeaChange/WhatUsersWant are for collecting information about problems with the Trac community. By community we mean Trac administrators/plugin developers, end users and core developers.
High Level Observations
These are observations only, no judgement is implied. We're just trying to collect data.
- Trac core development has stagnated to a certain degree.
- A lot of the current core developers do not or cannot commit a lot of time to the project.
- Frequently requested features do not get implemented. eg. multi-project support.
- Release cycle is way too slow.
- Historically, there's effectively zero chance of a plugin getting into the core.
- Features that users think should be "core" are not (this is very subjective).