A Sea Change for Trac
"Full fathom five thy father lies, Of his bones are corals made, Those are pearls that were his eyes, Nothing of him that doth fade, But doth suffer a sea change, into something rich and strange, Sea-nymphs hourly ring his knell, Ding-dong. Hark! now I hear them, ding-dong, bell." Ariel, from William Shakespeare's "The Tempest"
These pages are used for collecting information about problems with the Trac community, in order to fix them. By community we mean Trac administrators, plugin developers, end users and core developers.
- WhatUsersWant lists the most frequent requests for major features (you can vote there!)
- WhatDevelopersWant is used as a blackboard between developers to exchange ideas about future directions.
- DocumentationRequests defines the Trac approach towards documentation and lists topics that should be documented, as a starting point for new developers.
- CompetitionSurvey shows some of the cool stuff other similar projects are doing.
- DevelopmentProcess contains some discussion about the development process itself.
Also, it could be worth looking at other wikis, BugTrackingSystems and repository browsers, and see what the users can expect from competitor systems. Note that since the success of Trac integration model (well, CvsTrac's model actually), some of the other bug tracking systems are evolving towards more integration as well, most notably by having an integrated wiki and/or source code browser.