|Reported by:||Owned by:|
It would be sweet if, in addition to the automatically added sorts that appear in the custom header, trac added automatic filter links within the cells.
A simplified example to make sense of this. Consider this report:
SELECT id AS ticket, summary as summary, severity FROM ticket WHERE status <> 'closed'
I wanted to change it into this:
SELECT id AS ticket, summary as summary, severity FROM ticket WHERE status <> 'closed' AND CASE WHEN $SEVERITY <> '' THEN severity = $SEVERITY ELSE 1 END
- trac returns an error when $SEVERITY is not present in the url
- the fields need to be manually entered in the url for it to work
- on report load, initialize variables named after each column, even if it is not present in the url (this would fix my undefined variable proble)
- in the report itself, add a link to the same report, with that parameter in the url, when no other link would normally apply
- turn the milestone link into a drill-down link
It would then become possible to have:
whose severity field, for instance, would link to urls like:
and things would be ordered/grouped in whichever way is defined by the report.
Bonus suggestion: create a shorthand syntax, e.g.:
SELECT id AS ticket, summary as summary, severity FROM ticket WHERE status <> 'closed' AND $_SEVERITY
where $_SEVERITY would expand as described above. the link would then be only added with to the fields whose filters are deemed desired, while the remaining ones would be ignored.