Recipes for Installing Trac
The TracGuide always refers to the latest stable version of Trac (currently 1.4), and there are guides for previous versions (1.0, 1.2). Guides on development versions are also prepared separately (1.5).
Installing Trac with some specific settings are described in the following pages:
- TracBuildout, to install and automate Trac deployment with Buildout.
- easyTrac, installs a complete Trac environment using Nginx, uWSGI and Supervisor.
- Build, Deploy, Init and Run Trac Projects through uWSGI on Supervisord in Minutes.
- TracOnRhel4WithoutYum: installing Trac on Centos-4.4 with Apache2 and without using yum.
- An Ansible Role that installs Trac on RedHat/CentOS.
To install Trac on Windows check one of the following guides:
- How to solutions
- URL: http://web.archive.org/web/20100324230430/http://how-to-solutions.com/how-to-install-trac-on-windows.html
- Author: the how-to-solutions.com's admin
- Posted: 2008-09-24
- Description: This is a Windows installation guide for Trac 0.11+ and Subversion 1.5+, targeting Windows users who are not rebuffed by point-and-click instructions (typically … then click Next, Next again and Next once more). The instructions are therefore easy to follow and the user will be guided through the installations, the creation of an environment, the addition of the TH:AccountManagerPlugin and running tracd.exe.
- Jochen Hebbrecht
- URL: http://www.jochenhebbrecht.be/site/2014-08-03/windows/installing-trac-101-windows-81-configuring-subversion-repository
- Author: Jochen Hebbrecht
- Posted: 2014-08-03
- Description: This is a Windows installation guide for Trac 1.0.1+ and Subversion 1.8+, for Windows 8.1 users.
- BitNami: bitnami.org provides native installers, such as the Trac stack.
- Description: Stacks are freely available, also for Linux and Mac OS X. There are also vmware virtual machines and Amazon EC2 Trac cloud images.
Running Trac on IIS 6 using AJP
- Wilfred Berger
Clear and detailed steps for installing Trac 0.11+ on IIS, using AJP and flup.
Running Trac on IIS 6 using ISAPI
- Seb Patane
A starting guide for installing Trac 0.12+ on IIS, using Isapi-wsgi.
Running Trac on Apache using Microsoft's ActiveDirectory
- R Sokoll
A guide for setting up Apache and OpenLDAP to use Microsoft's ActiveDirectory in Trac.
Installing Python 2.6, Trac 0.11 and the AccountManager plugin
Detailed steps for installing Trac 0.11 and Subversion on Windows. Particular emphasis is given to the installation instructions of the th:AccountManagerPlugin.