Opened 12 years ago
Closed 11 years ago
Last modified 11 years ago
#10358 closed defect (duplicate)
Permission Check of Repository Browser fails for some folder names
|Reported by:||Owned by:|
I'm going to use path based authorization to restrict access to the subversion repository.
While it's working fine using
svn via WebDAV/Apache/mod_auth_svn, the trac browser somtimes ignores the access restrictions depending on the path names.
I want to enable restrictions like this in
[somemodule:/trunk/doc/team/private_11w/Special_User.One] * = User.One = rw [somemodule:/trunk/doc/team/private_11w/Special_User.Two] * = User.Two = rw
svn, this is working fine - User.One only sees the directory
/trunk/doc/team/private_11w, and she does not see
But using the trac repository browser, both users see both directories.
Restricting access to the
private_11w at all works, i.e.
[somemodule:/trunk/doc/team/private_11w] * = Special.User = rw
hides all subdirectories of
private_11w to all users except Special.User.
The same happened after renaming
privat11w, but renaming it to
private helps (of course together with the according changes in the
[somemodule:/trunk/doc/team/private/Special_User.One] * = User.One = rw [somemodule:/trunk/doc/team/private/Special_User.Two] * = User.Two = rw
Seems as if there is some restriction on the accepted characters in the path (not the last element).
Could it be related to ticket:9976? The problem described there is a little bit different, but he's also using special characters in path names.
- Ubuntu 10.10
- Python 2.6.6-5ubuntu1
- subversion 1.6.12dfsg-1ubuntu1.3
- python-subversion 1.6.12dfsg-1ubuntu1.3
Change History (4)
comment:1 by , 12 years ago
comment:2 by , 12 years ago
But note that I tried different names, so several copy operations have been involved:
- copied to
private_11w→ didn't work (as far as I remember, I started with
privatebefore, but I'm not sure on this)
- copied from
private11w→ didn't work either
- copied from
private→ worked fine
Hiding the whole directory
private_11w was possible, only hiding the subdirectories wasn't …
comment:3 by , 11 years ago
|Status:||new → closed|
Confirmed to be a duplicate of #9976 and the 10208-requested-rev-r10910.patch:ticket:10208 patch also fixes this use case.
(the names themselves
private_ …, didn't matter; it worked as expected for paths which haven't been copied, but for copies the origin path was used for testing permissions hence the unexpected behavior)
comment:4 by , 11 years ago
Thanks for this clarification!
Looks indeed related to #9976, not due to the special character, but because a copy operation is involved.