The following URLs are specified relative to base Trac URL:
- path to be used for any kind of static resource, usually images, .css and .js. They are called static, because they don't require any server-side processing and can be served as-is. In fact to avoid Trac request handling many people prefer to have those static resources served directly by the web server.
- accesses static resources for TracInterfaceCustomization contained in the environment's htdocs/ directory.
- accesses static resources in a shared location defined by the
htdocs_diroption in the
inheritsection of the TracIni.
- accesses static resources used by Trac. These are usually found in the htdocs/ subdirectory of the Trac installation.
- accesses static resources for a plugin.
All static resources can be exported with trac-admin deploy command to serve them independently. The process is described in detail in TracInstall#MappingStaticResources. Just do not forget to re-export them after installing new plugins or upgrading Trac.