Firefox crashes when performing large quick search
|Reported by:||fermulator||Owned by:||Remy Blank|
Steps to reproduce issue:
- Using Firefox…
- Open a trac website.
- Provided we have a ticket (semi-large) with several comments (20+).
- Copy into the clipboard a sentence (15+ words) from a comment in said ticket.
- In the quick search of trac, paste that large sentence and perform the search. … the results will be displayed … probably only the ONE result of that ticket since the sentence would probably be unique.
- Click on the link to the ticket.
trac will cause firefox to use A LOT of CPU, and the ticket could take upwards of 2+ minutes to load. Yikes!
Sometimes even firefox will crash entirely …
- Do a quicksearch for the TICKET NUMBER (i.e. #999)
- trac will automatically load the ticket, and it will be fast!
In the comparison case the only difference I can see is that there wouldn't be syntax highlighting … ?