Edgewall Software
Modify

Opened 13 years ago

Closed 13 years ago

#7264 closed defect (duplicate)

Incorrect revision shown in Browse Source

Reported by: tjb@… Owned by: Christian Boos
Priority: normal Milestone:
Component: version control/browser Version: 0.11-stable
Severity: normal Keywords:
Cc: Branch:
Release Notes:
API Changes:
Internal Changes:

Description

When using the source browser to browse some directories of our code Releases ('tags'), I am seeing latest revisions attributed to files which are much more recent than the true latest revision for those files.

The scenario is that we have a particular piece of software (cx12-1), which was copied to cx12-2 to support a new project. Underneath the cx12-1 directory, there are Trunk, Branches, and Releases directories. The Releases directory is a tags directory a different name.

To create the cx12-2 software, we copied the cx12-1 Trunk, created new (empty) Branches and Releases directories, and started work.

Now, when I use Browse Source to look in the cx12-1/Releases tree, I see many files with latest revision of 30660, which was an update which only touched the source in the cx12-2/Trunk tree. This is in the directory listing. When I open the file browser for an affected file, this is repeated in the header information there. If I look at the changelog for the file, there is no 30660 revision mentioned there (all seems correct there). I have used the timeline, and the command line svn client to confirm that the 30660 revision did not touch anything under the cx12-1 tree.

The directory structure used has been reorganised once or twice some time ago - we originally had top level trunk, branches, and tags directories for a project with multiple software components. That became untenable, so we now have per component Trunk, Branches, and Releases (tags) directories.

I have resynced the trac database to try to solve this, and have inspected the 'files', and 'revisions' tables to see if the underlying data was in error. As far as I could see, the database is correct, but the displayed data is not.

We are running 0.11-stable, using on an Ubuntu 7.10 server, with subversion 1.4.4. We recently migrated from our SLES9 server.

Attachments (0)

Change History (1)

comment:1 by Christian Boos, 13 years ago

Resolution: duplicate
Status: newclosed

This looks like a duplicate of #3470.

Modify Ticket

Change Properties
Set your email in Preferences
Action
as closed The owner will remain Christian Boos.
The resolution will be deleted. Next status will be 'reopened'.
to The owner will be changed from Christian Boos to the specified user.

Add Comment


E-mail address and name can be saved in the Preferences .
 
Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.