Support for states and sub-states in ticket workflow
|Reported by:||Owned by:||Jonas Borgström|
In our project, we're using an elaborate ticket workflow with more than a dozen states. Some of them can be considered sub-states of a more general state, e.g.
- checked into subversion
- installed on a test environment
- confirmed by test team
- installed on a production environment
- confirmed by ticket reporter
While the workflow needs to go strictly from one stage to the next, it would be nice to regard all the "resolved" sub-states as one in ticket reports and ticket queries.
This request could be supported in one of two ways:
- Either a status name can be structured, e.g. "resolved/checked_in" and the custom query offers "resolved" as one checkbox for all variants.
- Or the ticket workflow considers additional requirements that must be fulfilled for a status change to be applicable.
- The sub-states are stored in another (custom) field, similar to "resolution".
- The custom field's value is tested to see if an action is applicable.
- An operation may modify the custom field.