Support for custom reports
|Reported by:||bsoudan||Owned by:|
Description (last modified by )
Provide a method to support reports generated by Python code rather than just SQL. This would allow developers to write custom reports that pull data from other sources (e.g. the Subversion repository, site-specific databases, etc.) but still take advantage of the reporting framework. (e.g. sorting by clicking on column header, color coding, etc.)
Ideas as far as integrating this feature into Trac:
1) Re-rename 'View Tickets' back to 'Reports'? :)
2) Add a new module specifically for custom reports.
3) Only provide interface, coders should use framework to code new modules (e.g. each custom report would be its own module). This may work —
4) Aren't the Timeline and Searching features just custom reports?
5) Provide reports/ directory in trac environment for custom reports, scan this directory to provide listing.
Change History (6)
comment:5 by , 11 years ago
|Milestone:||triaging → next-major-0.1X|
|Priority:||normal → low|
|Severity:||normal → major|