Opened 16 years ago
Closed 16 years ago
#4131 closed defect (wontfix)
Internal error when viewing changeset
|Reported by:||Owned by:||Christian Boos|
|Component:||version control/changeset view||Version:||0.9.5|
I'm using Trac on textdrive.
I committed my changes to svn. Then went to Trac to view the changeset from the Timeline. When I tried to open the link, I got this message:
Python traceback Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/standalone.py", line 303, in _do_trac_req dispatch_request(path_info, req, env) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 139, in dispatch_request dispatcher.dispatch(req) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/web/main.py", line 107, in dispatch resp = chosen_handler.process_request(req) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/versioncontrol/web_ui/changeset.py", line 86, in process_request self._render_html(req, repos, chgset, diff_options) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/trac/versioncontrol/web_ui/changeset.py", line 225, in _render_html old_content = old_node.get_content().read() File "/usr/local/lib/python2.4/site-packages/svn/core.py", line 88, in read return ''.join(chunks) MemoryError
This error only began happening around revision 270, so it's worked well in the past.
The changes have been added to the svn repository and I can view them from the Browse Source pages in Trac.
Change History (2)
comment:1 by , 16 years ago
comment:2 by , 16 years ago
|Keywords:||svn memory added|
|Status:||new → closed|
… plus you may want to upgrade to a more recent version of Trac.
Anyway, there's not much we can do in face of a MemoryError, without the evidence of a memory leak on our side.
Please reopen if you do still have the issue with recent Trac and Subversion releases. It would be interesting to look at the memory usage pattern of the server, also.
Looks like it's an out-of-memory issue, so I guess a huge file is involved in that changeset.
The error itself comes from the svn bindings
(File ".../svn/core.py"), so if you're not already using the latest release of Subversion (1.4.2 at the time of this writing) you may try to upgrade, perhaps that's a bug on their side which has already been fixed.