|Reported by:||Owned by:|
It would be sweet if, in addition to the automatically added sorts that appear in the custom header, trac added automatic filter links within the cells.
A simplified example to make sense of this. Consider this report:
SELECT id AS ticket, summary as summary, severity FROM ticket WHERE status <> 'closed'
I wanted to change it into this:
SELECT id AS ticket, summary as summary, severity FROM ticket WHERE status <> 'closed' AND CASE WHEN $SEVERITY <> '' THEN severity = $SEVERITY ELSE 1 END
- trac returns an error when $SEVERITY is not present in the url
- the fields need to be manually entered in the url for it to work
- on report load, initialize variables named after each column, even if it is not present in the url (this would fix my undefined variable proble)
- in the report itself, add a link to the same report, with that parameter in the url, when no other link would normally apply
- turn the milestone link into a drill-down link
It would then become possible to have:
whose severity field, for instance, would link to urls like:
and things would be ordered/grouped in whichever way is defined by the report.
Bonus suggestion: create a shorthand syntax, e.g.:
SELECT id AS ticket, summary as summary, severity FROM ticket WHERE status <> 'closed' AND $_SEVERITY
where $_SEVERITY would expand as described above. the link would then be only added with to the fields whose filters are deemed desired, while the remaining ones would be ignored.
Change History (6)
comment:4 Changed 5 years ago by
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened