|Version 22 (modified by 14 years ago) ( diff ),|
This page documents the 1.4 (latest stable) release. Documentation for other releases can be found here.
Using RSS with Trac
Table of Contents
Several of the Trac modules support content syndication using the RSS (Really Simple Syndication) XML format. Using the RSS subscription feature in Trac, you can easily monitor progress of the project, a set of issues or even changes to a single file.
Trac supports RSS feeds in:
- TracTimeline — Use the RSS feed to subscribe to project events.
Monitor overall project progress in your favorite RSS reader.
- TracTickets, TracReports, and TracQuery — Allows syndication of report and ticket query results.
Be notified about important and relevant issue tickets.
- TracBrowser and TracRevisionLog — Syndication of file changes.
Stay up to date with changes to a specific file or directory.
How to access RSS data
Anywhere in Trac where RSS is available, you should find a small orange XML icon, typically placed at the bottom of the page. Clicking the icon will access the RSS feed for that specific resource.
Note: Different modules provide different data in their RSS feeds. Usually, the syndicated information corresponds to the current view. For example, if you click the RSS link on a report page, the feed will be based on that report. It might be explained by thinking of the RSS feeds as an alternate view of the data currently displayed.
- http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/tech/rss — RSS 2.0 Specification
- http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ — Mozilla Firefox supports live bookmarks using RSS
- http://sage.mozdev.org — Sage RSS and Atom feed aggregator for Mozilla Firefox
- http://pim.kde.org/users.php — KDE RSS Reader for Linux/BSD/*n*x systems
- http://www.rssreader.com/ — Free and powerful RSS Reader for Windows
- http://liferea.sourceforge.net/ — Open source GTK2 RSS Reader for Linux
- http://akregator.sourceforge.net/ — Open source KDE RSS Reader (part of KDE-PIM)
- http://www.sharpreader.net/ — A free RSS Reader written in .NET for Windows
- http://ranchero.com/netnewswire/ — An excellent RSS reader for Mac OS X (has both free and pay versions)
- http://www.utsire.com/shrook/ — An RSS reader for Max OS X that supports https (even with self signed certificates) and authenticated feeds.
- http://vienna-rss.sourceforge.net/ — Open source Feed Reader for Mac OS X with smart folders support
- http://www.mesadynamics.com/Tickershock.html — Non-intrusive "news ticker" style RSS reader for Mac OS X
- http://www.wizzrss.com/Welcome.php — WizzRSS Feed Reader for Firefox