|Version 8 (modified by 8 years ago) ( diff ),|
The easyTrac installer is a source-installation kit that installs a complete Trac environment and all its dependencies.
Send feedback or bugs to:
- Email: manuel.viera.tirado at gmail.com
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/mviera
You can also clone the project with Git from Github by running:
$ git clone git://github.com/mviera/easyTrac
The installer will compile Nginx and uWSGI and it will install all required python dependencies also. But to compile Nginx and uWSGI a few dependencies are required to be installed in the system:
PLEASE NOTE: You can run the easyTrac installation as root or as a normal user. Personally, I prefer to run the installation as a normal user.
The installer configuration works out of the box, but if you want, you can edit buildout.cfg and modify the following parameters:
- nginx-http-port: http port that will be used for Nginx.
- nginx-https-port: https port that will be used for Nginx, in case you want to use https.
- supervisor-http-port: http port that will be used for supervisor.
- host: host ip address of fqdn.
- socket-directory: directory where the socket will be stored.
- pid-directory: directory where the pid files will be stored.
- log-directory: logs directory.
- trac-projects-directory: directory where the Trac projects will be created. This directory is
<installdir>/opt/trac/, by default.
- svn-repository-directory: directory where the svn repositories will be created. This directory is
<installdir>/opt/svn/, by default.
Once you have installed all required dependencies, continue with the installation process and execute the following command:
$ python bootstrap.py
You should have the buildout environment ready to be installed:
NOTE: Also, easyTrac compiles Subversion and installs the subversion bindings needed for Trac to manage and browse through svn code repositories.
How to start, stop, restart services
Supervisor provides a control script to start, stop or restart services. In our supervisor there are two services: nginx and uwsgi.
The supervisorctl syntax is:
$ ./bin/supervisorctl <command> <service-name>
$ ./bin/supervisorctl start nginx
$ ./bin/supervisorctl stop nginx
$ ./bin/supervisorctl restart nginx
Also, supervisor provides a special word 'all', so we don't need to specify every service name. For example, if we need to restart all services:
$ ./bin/supervisorct restart all
Supervisor has an admin panel on where we can control our services via web. This admin control panel is accessible at:
NOTE: by default, the username is 'admin' and the password is 'admin'. To change the admin password, edit the [supervisor] part in buildout.cfg and run bin/buildout.
How to create a Trac project
$ ./bin/trac-admin opt/trac/demo initenv demo sqlite:db/trac.db
How to create a svn code repository
$ ./bin/svnadmin create opt/svn/demo
- Stop supervisord by running:
$ ./bin/supervisorctl shutdown
- Remove the folder <installdir>/easyTrac.
easyTrac includes a backup script. So, to make a backup execute the following command:
and all the Trac projects will be backed up into a tarball to the backups directory, called backups.
Also, easyTrac provides a restore script for backups:
$ ./bin/restore backups/backup-file.tar.gz
and all the trac projects will be restored.