|Version 7 (modified by 10 years ago) ( diff ),|
This page documents the 0.13 release. Documentation for other releases can be found here.
This page was a draft. See default TracGuide page now.
The Trac User and Administration Guide
Table of Contents
The TracGuide is meant to serve as a starting point for all documentation regarding Trac usage and development. The guide is a free document, a collaborative effort, and a part of the Trac Project itself.
Trac is an enhanced wiki and issue tracking system for software development projects. Trac uses a minimalistic approach to web-based software project management. It strives to help developers write great software while staying out of the way. Trac should impose as little as possible on a team's established development process and policies.
It provides an interface to Subversion and other version control system), an integrated Wiki and convenient reporting facilities.
Trac allows wiki markup in issue descriptions and commit messages, creating links and seamless references between bugs, tasks, changesets, files and wiki pages. A timeline shows all current and past project events in order, making the acquisition of an overview of the project and tracking progress very easy. The roadmap shows the road ahead, listing the upcoming milestones.
- Using the Wiki subsystem
- Using the Version Control subsystem
- Using the Ticket subsystem
- Other modules and general topics
- Installation and upgrade
- Configuration and customization
- Administering the Version Control subsystem
- TracRepositoryAdmin — Management of Source Code Repositories.
- Administering the Ticket subsystem
Support and Other Sources of Information
- Trac FAQ — A collection of Frequently Asked Questions (on the project website).
- TracDev and API docs — Trac Developer documentation
- TracSupport — How to get more information
If you are looking for a good place to ask a question about Trac, look no further than the MailingList. It provides a friendly environment to discuss openly among Trac users and developers.