The following URLs are specified relative to base Trac URL:
- for any kind of static resources (usually images, .css and .js). They are called static, because they don't require any server-side processing and can be served as-is. In fact to avoid firing Trac request handling many people prefer to have those static resources served directly by the web server.
- using this URL Trac accesses static resources for TracInterfaceCustomization that were uploaded to environment's htdocs/ directory
- using this URL Trac accesses static resources in a shared location defined by the htdocs_dir option in the inherit section of the TracIni.
- with this URL Trac accesses static resources used by default Trac scheme - these are usually found in htdocs/ subdirectory in Trac installation location
- plugins may also have static resources that can be accessed using Trac chrome handler
All static resources can be exported with trac-admin deploy command to serve them independently. The process is described in detail in TracInstall#MappingStaticResources. Just do not forget to re-export them after installing new plugins or upgrading Trac.