Allow user provided mime-type for attachments
|Reported by:||martin@…||Owned by:|
|Severity:||major||Keywords:||excel word powerpoint office MicrosoftOffice MSOffice DOCX XLSX mime-type mimeviewer mime_map ZIP OpenXML IE InternetExplorer Office2007 PPTX|
While for svn repository files the 'svn:mime-type' property can be used there is no way to explicit provide the mime-type for wiki attachments.
The files which mime-type is not automatically detected by Trac can not be correct inline displayed when the mime-type isn't provided by the user. For source files the correct svn:mime-type can be set, but not for attachments.
This affects e.g. plugins implementing IHTMLPreviewRenderer for non-standard mime-types. Here the plugin isn't used for attachments because of the missing correct mime-type.
Question: Is there a possibility to register a file extension with a curtain mime-type, without hacking /trac/mimeview/api.py?
Change History (13)
comment:1 Changed 5 years ago by mgood
- Priority changed from high to normal
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
comment:5 in reply to: ↑ 4 ; follow-up: ↓ 8 Changed 4 years ago by anonymous
- Keywords excel XLSX mime type mime_map added; consider removed
- Version set to 0.12dev
comment:7 Changed 4 years ago by Ryan Ollos <ryano@…>
- Cc ryano@… added
- Keywords word office DOCX ZIP added
comment:9 Changed 4 years ago by Ryan Ollos <ryano@…>
- Keywords powerpoint MicrosoftOffice MSOffice mime-type mimeviewer OpenXML IE InternetExplorer Office2007 PPTX added; mime type removed
comment:12 Changed 3 years ago by cboos
- Milestone changed from triaging to next-major-0.1X
- Priority changed from normal to low