|Version 126 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Installing and Running Trac on Debian
Note: This page does not provide step-by-step instructions for installing and configuring all of Trac. It is just a reference for installing the Debian software packages and locating configuration files. You will need to read TracInstall for complete instructions on running and configuring Trac.
Note:These Instructions are for Trac 0.11 or better.
They Also apply for Ubuntu.
Where to get info about trac in debian
- Package Information: http://packages.debian.org/trac
Information about available versions, dependencies, file list and links to other resources.
- Package Tracking System: http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/trac.html
Summary of package information including available versions, maintainers and number of bugs (in debian and ubuntu)
- Bug Tracking System: http://bugs.debian.org/trac
All bugs filled against trac in Debian and their status.
To install trac just write in console:
apt-get install trac
aptitude install trac
This will get you the plain trac installation. To see what additional packages are available, issue:
aptitude show trac
Supporting other Version Control Systems than Subversion
You can also install plugins that support other version control system besides Subversion: Their packages are:
- trac-git :: adds support for the Git distributed version control system. If you are installing this on debian or a debian derived system, you can read the document /usr/share/doc/trac-git/README.Debian for more information on installing trac-git plugin under debian.
apt-get install trac-git
- trac-mercurial :: adds support for the Mercurial distributed version control system
apt-get install trac-mercurial
- trac-bzr :: adds support for the bzr distributed version control system
apt-get install trac-bzr
There is also an important plugin to prevent spam on tickets, spamfilter
apt-get install trac-spamfilter
Supporting other database backend than SQLite
Trac can support other database systems to store its information (wiki, tickets and user data).
apt-get install python-psycopg2
apt-get install python-mysqldb
Additional trac files
Trac is installed in /usr/share/pyshared/trac. Documentation is in /usr/share/doc/trac as is traditional with Debian. It includes both trac and Debian information as well as helper scripts. There are also man pages for tracd and trac-admin.
Configuring Trac Environment under Debian
Debian documentation contains everything you need to setup Trac Environment and make it's web-interface accessible. It can be read with the command:
gunzip < /usr/share/doc/trac/README.Debian.gz |less
Latest version of this file can also be read online.