|Version 117 (modified by 11 years ago) ( diff ),|
Installing and Running Trac on Debian
Note: This page does not provide step-by-step instructions for installing and configuring all of Trac. Use this page as a reference for installing the Debian software packages and the locations of configuration files, but you will need to read TracInstall and the other documentation sections for complete instructions on running and configuring Trac.
Note:These Instructions are for Trac 0.11 or better.
They Also apply for Ubuntu. (Note: installs 0.10.4-2 on Ubuntu Gutsy as of 8/13/08)
The Trac package is named trac and is available from the main archive. This package is Team Maintained by Debian Trac Packaging Team.
Where To get info about trac in debian
- Package Information: http://packages.debian.org/trac Shows information about available versions, dependencies, file list and links to other resources.
- Package Tracking System: http://packages.qa.debian.org/t/trac.html Shows the summary of all info about the package, including available versions, maintainers and number of bugs (in debian and ubuntu)
- Bug Tracking System: http://bugs.debian.org/trac Show all bugs filled against trac and their status.
To install trac just write in console:
apt-get install trac
This will get you the plain trac installation.
Supporting other Version Control Systems than Subversion
You can also install plugins that support other version control system besides Subversion: Their packages are:
- trac-git :: adds suport for the Git distributed version control system
apt-get install trac-git
- trac-mercurial :: adds suport for the mecurial distributed version control system
apt-get install trac-mercurial
- trac-bzr :: adds suport for the bzr distributed version control system
(at this point trac-bzr in debian is not compatible with trac 0.11, check http://bugs.debian.org/490193 )
apt-get install trac-bzr
There is also an important plugin to prevent spam on tickets, spamfilter
apt-get install trac-spamfilter
Supporting other database backend than sqlite
Trac can support other database systems to store its information (wiki, tickets and user data).
apt-get install python-psycopg2
apt-get install python-mysqldb
Trac is installed in /usr/share/pyshared/trac (or /usr/share/trac) and has no other place for files except /usr/share/doc and the tracd and trac-admin man-pages.
Configuring Apache Webserver
Trac on Debian depends on any webserver available, but it prefers Apache2 with modPython. He can also be installed as FastCGI, cgi and wSGI. To use wsgi on apache, you have to install apache's mod wsgi:
apt-get install libapache2-mod-wsgi