|Version 4 (modified by 13 years ago) ( diff ),|
Multiple Trac Coordinator
This is a proposal for Trac multiple project support by adding a layer above the current Trac implementation.
Many people would like to use Trac in a multiple project environment but currently this isn't as great an experience as it ought to be. As this proposal wasn't well received (and I can understand why) this document sets out what would be required to coordinate multiple Trac instances.
The following areas need to be covered:
- Project index - a list of Trac instances by project name
- Project summary page across selected projects showing:
- Uncompleted milestones
- Number of open tickets
- Number of checkins (over a selectable period?) and who they were made by
- Number of tickets closed (over a selectable period?) and who they were closed by
- Ticket queries across a selected group of projects (e.g., all tickets assigned to me on all projects)
- Milestone views of a number of selected projects on one page
- Move (probably by copy/close) tickets from one project to another
- Trac management:
- Manage repositories, and trac instances (e.g. create, delete them)
- Permissions across selected projects
Many of these points are extracted from e-mails by solo turn and Robin Bowes after my last posting on the subjects of multiple projects.