|Version 4 (modified by 12 years ago) ( diff ),|
Trac Announcer System Proposal
(to doki_pen: feel free to move that section elsewhere in the page or into another page if you prefer)
One of the shortcomings of the current e-mail notification system is that there's only one e-mail prepared which is then sent to every receiver. It should be possible to customize the mail according to each user's preferences (e.g. #2625) and a nice customization would be to translate the notification mail to each recipient's preferred language (#8903).
I'd be particularly interested to see how the Formatter / Distributor concepts of the Announcer would deal with that requirement.
The current system is at the same time too complex with many .ini settings, and too inflexible. Not to mention the bugs ;-)
Some kind of drastic change seems in order. For example, see the suggestion of a Subscribe ticket (notify me when the ticket is changed checkbox / link (ticket:4056#comment:19).
- layer1-umlsd.png (22.2 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- layer2-umlsd.png (25.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- layer3-umlsd.png (59.1 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- pgf-umlsd.sty (7.8 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- announcer.tex (2.9 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
- prefs0.png (41.2 KB ) - added by 12 years ago.
Download all attachments as: .zip