|Version 4 (modified by 6 years ago) ( diff ),|
Document management system
Note: This page is under development.
Trac is perfect as document management system when viewing documents as tasks. It is perfect for high volume fax incoming and processing. In one particular case 661,124 documents/tickets have been processed and the set up still works in production environments.
The key features that we needed:
- Being able to assign tickets and transfer them between people.
- Being able to view attachments easily, write comments, and index.
- Being able to create your own "type" aka "milestone : incoming, other, changes, cancellations, renewals.
- Being able to load and create tickets automatically via xml-rpc.
- Being able to add your own custom fields "tracking number".
- Being able to set up a search on main page by using the query to build multiple links tracking #, "my tickets", "incoming tickets", new, not assigned change tickets.
- Begin able to batch assign tickets to an individual (part of Trac core).
- Being able to move tickets to another Trac to a different department through TicketMoverPlugin.
We average ~600 incoming tickets a day. The sender of the message populates the "reported by" field. The message can be either an email or a fax. In the former case the plugin Email2Trac is used.
If you think of your problems as "tasks" then Trac is suitable for use as a Document Management System.