|Version 3 (modified by 7 years ago) ( diff ),|
Document management system
Note: This page is under development.
Trac is perfect as document management system that concentrates on tasks. It is perfect for high volume fax incoming and processing. 661,124 documents/tickets have been processed.
The key features that we needed:
- Being able to assign tickets and transfer them between people.
- Being able to view attachments easily, write comments, and index.
- Being able to create your own "type" aka "milestone : incoming, other, changes, cancellations, renewals.
- Being able to load and create tickets automatically via xml-rpc.
- Being able to add your own custom fields "tracking number".
- Being able to set up a search on main page by using the query to build multiple links tracking #, "my tickets", "incoming tickets", new, not assigned change tickets.
- Begin able to batch assign tickets to an individual (part of Trac core).
- Being able to move tickets to another Trac to a different department through TicketMoverPlugin.
We average ~600 incoming tickets a day. If you think of your problems as "tasks" then Trac is suitable for use as a Document Management System.