|Version 19 (modified by 4 months ago) ( diff ),|
This page documents the 1.4 (latest stable) release. Documentation for other releases can be found here.
New wiki links are automatically created when concatenating capitalized words, such that for example the words 'Camel' and 'Case' concatenated form a link to this CamelCase page.
CamelCase is the original wiki convention for creating hyperlinks, with the additional requirement that the capital letters are followed by a lower-case letter; hence "AlabamA" and "ABc" will not be links.
Customizing the Wiki behavior
While Trac remains faithful to the original Wiki style, it also provides a number of ways to accommodate users with different preferences:
- To prevent the creation of a link for the CamelCase word, prefix the word with an exclamation mark (
- By default a CamelCase word with no corresponding Wiki page will be rendered as a gray link followed by a question mark. This is useful for example when the CamelCase style is used to name code artefacts like class names, and a Wiki page is expected to exist to document each class. The behavior can be configured through the [wiki] ignore_missing_pages option in TracIni.
- To automatically insert space characters between the words of a CamelCase link when rendering the link, enable [wiki] split_page_names of TracIni.
- To create explicit Wiki links see WikiPageNames.
- To completely disable Wiki formatting in some places, for example when rendering commit log messages, use the [wiki] wiki_format_messages option in TracIni.
See TracIni for more information on the available options.