This page documents the 0.11 release. Documentation for other releases can be found here.
Wiki Page Names
Table of Contents
CamelCase page names must follow these rules:
- The name must consist of alphabetic characters only. No digits, spaces, punctuation, or underscores are allowed.
- A name must have at least two capital letters.
- The first character must be capitalized.
- Every capital letter must be followed by one or more lower-case letters.
- The use of slash ( / ) is permitted in page names (possibly representing a hierarchy).
If you want to create a wiki page that doesn't follow CamelCase rules you can use the following syntax:
* [wiki:Wiki_page], [wiki:ISO9000] * [wiki:"Space Matters"] that page name embeds space characters * or simply: ["WikiPageName"]s (!MoinMoin's internal free links style)
This will be rendered as:
- Wiki_page, ISO9000
- Space Matters that page name embeds space characters
- or simply: WikiPageNames (MoinMoin's internal free links style)
* default: [[TitleIndex(format=group,min=3)]] * no threshold:[[TitleIndex(format=group)]]
Starting with Trac 0.11, it's also possible to link to a specific version of a Wiki page, as you would do for a specific version of a file, for example: WikiStart@1.
See also TracLinks#QuotingspaceinTracLinks.
Finally, and as exemplified in the line above, one can also append an anchor to a Wiki page name, in order to link to a specific section within that page. The anchor can easily be seen by hovering the mouse over a section heading, then clicking on the ¶ sign that appears at its end. The anchor is usually generated automatically, but it's also possible to specify it explicitly: see WikiFormatting#using-explicit-id-in-heading.