|Version 1 (modified by 11 years ago) (diff),|
This page documents the 1.0 (latest stable) release. See 0.12/TracTickets if you need the previous version.
The Trac Ticket System
The Trac issue database provides simple but effective tracking of issues and bugs within the project.
As the central project management element of Trac, tickets are be used for bug reports, feature requests. software support issues and project tasks.
As with the TracWiki, the subsystem has been designed with the goal of making user contribution and participation as simple as possible. It should be easy to report bugs, ask questions and suggest improvements.
An issue is assigned a person who must resolve it or reassign the ticket to someone else. All tickets can be edited, annotated, assigned, prioritized and discussed at any time.
A ticket contains the following information attributes:
- Reporter - The author of the ticket.
- Component - The project module or subsystem this ticket concerns.
- Version - Version of the project does this ticket pertains to.
- Severity - What are the effects the issue described? Ranges from an enhancement request to blocker (must be fixed before next milestone).
- Priority - The importance of is the issue relative to other tasks.
- Milestone - When this issue should be resolved at the latest.
- Assigned to - Principal person responsible for handling the issue.
- Cc - A list of other associated people. note: this does not imply responsiblity or any other policy.
- Status - What is the current status?
- Summary - A brief description summarizing the problem or issue.
- Description - The body of the ticket. A good description should be specific, descriptive and to the point.