Missing translations and i18n support
- "Back to %(parent)s" should be expanded per resource type, as in some languages the correct sentence depends on the gender (e.g. french "Retour à Ticket #9705" where it should be "Retour au ticket #9705". This is probably hard to achieve.
- For Priorities, Ticket Types, Resolutions, Severities:
- Note that for Milestones and Versions the template file contains separate messages, so they are translatable.
- Timeline events for changeset, e.g. [ ] 1 edit [ ] 2 copies in trunk/trac, are not translatable when [timeline] changeset_show_files = location at trunk/trac/versioncontrol/web_ui/changeset.py@11234#L981
- In view milestone and in roadmap, the "active" and "closed" words (referring the ticket counts) are not translatable (see #Workflow below)
- The "comment" in "comment:N" permalink.
- (cboos) Well, if we had "comment N" I'd agree, but as we spell it comment:N to hint about the TracLinks syntax for comments, I don't think we should translate this.
- batch modification "add", "remove" and "add/remove" miss the ":" part of the translatable string, making french translation imperfect
- "Ticket" and "Created" headers in the reports table.
- more a problem in the content, but anyway: MacroList? doc still talk about mod_python, better replace with Python optimization mode:
Display a list of all installed Wiki macros, including documentation if available.
Optionally, the name of a specific macro can be provided as an argument. In that case, only the documentation for that macro will be rendered.
Note that this macro will not be able to display the documentation of macros if the PythonOptimize option is enabled for mod_python!
This strings probably unchanged in all translations:
#: trac/templates/error.html:227 msgid "TracGuide"
(rblank) I don't know if we can actually prevent those from being extracted from templates.
(mikko.rantalainen) I'd hope that e.g. Finnish translation would eventually point to "TracGuideFi?" to get Finnish guide instead of guide in English. Perhaps Trac would someday have a localized copies of the license (with a disclaimer that only the English version is official) and localized web pages…
The ConfigurableWorkflow? plugin (used by default) leaks the ticket status labels which cannot be easily localized. All new tickets will always get "new" status and all closed tickets are expected to get "closed" status (as opposed to e.g. "suljettu" in Finnish). I think a reasonable fix for this would be localization strings to contain status translations for generic workflow terms to get localized status messages (see #5441, #9472 and #9799).
See also: TracDev/Proposals/ConfigEnumTranslation