Upgrading environment to 0.11 does not remove old 0.10 pages
|Reported by:||Jason Winnebeck <jpwasp@…>||Owned by:||osimons|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||upgrading documentation newhelp|
Some pages, for example WikiMacros exist as a "guide" page in 0.10 but in 0.11 does not exist at all. This leaves the page with its old content. While r6980 removed a "broken" link to this page, it still exists and could confuse users.
Some suggested solutions:
- Add code to detect "obsoleted" or removed pages, so that when trac-admin wiki upgrade runs, it checks to see if an unmodified (as of the last time trac had it) page with the old name exists, and if so, delete it.
- Document a list of obsoleted pages so that Trac instance admins can remove them. Provide a script to trac-admin wiki delete the pages. Easier, but requires trac admin to determine.
A long-term thing would be to mark/tag/etc pages that are the Trac pages to let trac-admin be smarter. Right now you can edit them, but wiki upgrade kills the edits (last time I checked this was when upgrading to 0.10).
Change History (14)
comment:3 Changed 5 years ago by cboos
- Keywords documentation added
- Owner changed from cmlenz to cboos
comment:5 follow-up: ↓ 6 Changed 5 years ago by osimons
- Component changed from admin/console to wiki system
- Owner changed from cboos to osimons