Support for a merge change type in version control API
|Reported by:||Owned by:||cboos|
Trac currently supports add, edit, delete, copy and move change types for files in a changeset. However, it would also be nice if Trac supported some of the merge change type for changes that involve merging changes from other files.
I realise that Subversion doesn't currently implement merge tracking natively (yet), but I have been working on a Perforce plugin for Trac (similar to the one described in #257 but based on PyPerforce) and would like to be able to get Perforce's merge/integration information displayed through Trac.
Perforce supports a number of different merge/integration types:
- branch from - An exact copy of a file to a new location. Equivalent to Trac's copy or move depending on whether the source file was also deleted in the same changeset.
- add from - A copy of a file to a new location that has been modified before checkin (related to #3172).
- copy from - A merge operation that ignores any changes in the target file, effectively replacing the target with the source.
- ignore from - A merge operation that ignores any changes in the source file, keeping the target file's changes.
- merge from - A merge operation that merges the changes from both source and target files.
- edit from - A merge operation that merges the changes from both source and target files and contains original user edits.
- delete from - A merge of a deleted source file into the target file, deleting the target file. Basically a delete operation with an associated source file.
See the p4 integrated documentation for more info on the Perforce integration model.
Change History (8)
comment:5 Changed 4 years ago by
- Keywords merge added
- Milestone changed from next-major-0.1X to 0.13
comment:6 Changed 3 years ago by
- Milestone changed from 0.13 to next-major-0.1X
- Resolution set to worksforme
- Status changed from new to closed
comment:7 Changed 3 years ago by
- Resolution worksforme deleted
- Status changed from closed to reopened